Thursday, August 19, 2010

ITUNES Shopping cart error - 5002?

iTUNES Shopping Cart ERROR 5002 / I have done:


1. deauthorized my PC


2. changed my payment method from paypal to credit card


3. changed my purchasing from shopping cart to 1-click, then back


4. checked for updates





Nothing on my system changed, so what can we do? There seems to be MANY people having this problem and I do not see any responses from Apple/iTunes listed in the forums.





How can we get more people outside of the 'itunes' world to start talking about this???





Robert

ITUNES Shopping cart error - 5002?
Hi Robert,





I've been experiencing the 5002 error for going on 2 weeks now and while I can buy songs with one-click, I don't have access to my shopping cart. I've taken the same steps you have (deauthorize, payment method, updates, etc) and still no dice.





I don't know about you, but I'm getting really frustrated at all the replies (on the Apple discussion boards anyhow) that say "just change to one click" or "just email Apple and have them empty your cart"





*smacks head on desk*





That's SO not the point for me! I WANT ACCESS TO MY SHOPPING CART!!! The thought of having to reconstruct that list makes me a little weepy but I have learned my lesson: Never EVER use the shopping cart as a wish list EVER again.





Since the 5002 error, I've gone to purchasing my songs at Amazon. If I *have* to buy via one-click, then it sure isn't going into Apple's pocket. The songs are better quality and cheaper anyway.





Apple has screwed the pooch and I'm tired of them trying to put this error back on the user. Deleting the shopping cart and starting over from scratch is a lazy solution and using one click isn't a solution at all, merely a work-around.





I know Apple has to release an iTunes update sooner or later. Personally I'm going to wait it out and hope that the update fixes error 5002 and send emails to customer service to b*tch them out, I mean, voice my displeasure.





In the meanwhile, I've constructed a Wish List in my playlists http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?...


and as I think of a song that used to be in my shopping cart (which I have no hope of seeing again), I'll add it to the list then purchase it at Amazon.





For $0.89.





And DRM free.





I've been a Mac-user for over a decade and never have I been so frustrated with the lack of customer service. Maybe I've just been lucky.
Reply:I have been having the same issue as well. I wonder what's up?!? I wish they would fix it.


No comments:

Post a Comment